Web Developer (male/female/nonbinary)
THQ Nordic is hiring a Web Developer to start immediately at our HQ in Vienna, Austria. THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve. For this, we are looking for a Web Developer. As a Web Developer at THQ Nordic, you handle our current Websites (modifications/maintenance), as well as create new websites for upcoming projects in our product pipeline.
- Maintaining our existing websites (Wordpress, Drupal, Bludit)
- Creating new game websites from scratch using Wordpress and similar frameworks
- Integration of third party web plugins and creation of custom modules
- Performance optimizations & mobile-first principle
- Experience planning and developing websites across multiple products and organizations
- Experience with using and extending Wordpress, Drupal, Bludit and similar frameworks
- Experience with Git, Composer and Drush
- Basic skills in SQL, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Working experience in Windows and Linux environments
- Deep knowledge of cross-browser compatibility, security principles, and web user interface design (UI)
- Interest in new technologies, teamwork, and sense of responsibility
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills in English (written and oral).
- Biggest plus: You are passionate about computer and video games and want to work in an exciting industry
What we offer:
- A payment according to your personal qualifications and experience, but a bare minimum of EUR 35.000,- gross annual income based on the official national "Kollektivvertrag" (independent of number of school years, final degrees and former employment). This figure should be seen as a minimum, a market-based competitive salary is guaranteed
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast-moving business sector.
- The opportunity to work with a motivated, ambitious, multi-national team and to cooperate with many colleagues, functions and units across THQ Nordic.
- Lots of areas of freedom for self-initiative and creative ideas
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible Office-Hours
- State of the art offices in the heart of Vienna
If you’re interested in this position, please send us your application, including your cover letter, resume and portfolio to PDJobs@thqnordic.com.
Due to GDPR-regulations, the application documents received by THQ Nordic will automatically be deleted six months after receipt of the application. (More information here: https://thqnordic.com/legal/privacy)