Vienna, Austria - QA Manager
THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve. For this, we are looking for an QA Manager to lead our efforts towards making even better quality games. In your role you will work closely with the game development teams, to make sure the games reach their full potential.
The next great THQN QA Manager needs:
• Strong Customer focus both in terms of development partners and also end users.
• Able to rapidly adapt QA plans and process to the needs of the development teams and delivery of the projects.
• Testing, tuning and debugging a game and suggesting (design) improvements or corrections that ensure its quality and playability
• Assuring quality in a game and finding all its bugs before it goes public
• Have a good knowledge of games titles on the market so that you can evaluate a game against its competition
• Have an understanding of how games are put together and how the different elements of a game contribute to the playing experience
• Understanding of Game Production.
• Knowledge in the areas of:
• PC Gaming / Hardware
• Console Gaming / Hardware
• Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
• Excellent English communication and writing skills.
• QA is your passion
• Willing to learn.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Desire for a career in Software Testing and a passion for video games.
• 4+ years as a QA Manager or similar role
• Experienced with issue tracking systems (Jira, Redmine, Devtrack...) and Microsoft Office
• Experience with console testing and console games submission
What we offer:
• A payment according to your personal qualifications and experience, but a bare minimum of EUR 25.200,- gross annual income based on the official national "Kollektivvertrag" (independent of number of school years, final degrees and former employment). This figure should be seen as a minimum, a market-based competitive salary is guaranteed
• The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector.
• The opportunity to work with a motivated, ambitious, multi-national team and to cooperate with many colleagues, functions and units across THQ Nordic.
• 25 days holiday
• Flexible Office-Hours
• State of the art offices in the heart of central Vienna
If you’re interested in this position, please send us your application, including your cover letter, resume and portfolio to QAJobs@thqnordic.com.
Due to GDPR-regulations, the application documents received by THQ Nordic will automatically be deleted six months after receipt of the application. (More information here: https://thqnordic.com/legal/privacy)