Announcement: Drone Champions League - The Game
DCL - The Game will be released by THQ Nordic in cooperation with DCL Inc. | Delivering professional drone racing to the living room on PC and consoles
Coming to PC and consoles* in Winter** 2019/2020
* all current consoles except handheld systems
**Summer on the Southern half of the globe
Vienna, AUSTRIA / Vaduz, LIECHTENSTEIN, August 19th, 2019 - Drone Champions League AG and THQ Nordic GmbH today announced the cooperation on releasing Drone Champions League The Game (DCL - The Game) in Winter 2019/2020 for PC and consoles (no handheld systems).
Watch the announcement trailer: https://youtu.be/2xpdq4WepUM
Standard Edition PC: USD 29.99 / EUR 29.99 / GBP 24.99
Standard Edition Consoles: USD 39.99 / EUR 39.99 / GBP 34.99
- DCL The Game will be the official videogame of Drone Champions League - the world's leading championship for professional drone racing teams.
- Fly the original tracks from DCL and experience Drone Racing like a professional pilot
- Herbert Weirather, DCL CEO: “We are absolutely delighted to work with THQ! With probably the best worldwide distribution and joined marketing forces we can finally fuse the virtual gaming world with the real world on a unmatched scale.”
About DCL - The Game
Authenticity: DCL The Game is modelled closely on real-life drone flight behaviour - so close that the top performing pilots in the game can compete in the DCL Draft Selection, where pilots will be drafted to real-life racing teams competing in the DCL
- Four distinct flight modes: select from four different models: Arcade mode is perfect for beginners, thanks to the automated altitude control and simplified controls. GPS Mode flies like your standard camera drone, with stabilisation and altitude control. ANGLE MODE, also known as stabilised mode on some models is available on most amateur racing drones. ACRO MODE gives the pilot more control, this is how real drone racing and freestyle pilots control their drones
- Drone controller support; fly the game with the actual drone remote controller (PC and Mac)
- Game modes: free flight, time attack and online multiplayer (up to 30 people)
- Choose from 27 different tracks ranging from Torino (Italy), the Great Wall of China (China), Laax (Switzerland), Neom (Saudi Arabia), to many other racing locations
- Physical presets: choose from three unique physical presets for your drone: lightweight, DC19-Standard, and heavyweight for a very different flight behaviour. Highly realistic flight physics in these three set ups keeps competition balanced.
- Leaderboard: Global leaderboard for each platform
Ambitions and plans for DCL - The Game post-release
- Make DCL real-life tracks available in-game prior to the actual event – qualifying for real-life races takes place inside the game
- Track editor which allows creation of individual tracks (PC only)
- More information on the game, its ambitions, different SKUs etc. will follow in due time