What can €1,000,000 buy you? The world’s only manned aerobatic drone in the "Big Drone" Collector's Edition for DCL - The Game
Vaduz, Lichtenstein / Vienna, Austria, March 5th, 2020 – Drone Champions AG is offering adventurous aviation buffs an unprecedented chance to get their hands on tomorrow’s history today by purchasing one of only three limited edition manned drones capable of aerobatic maneuvers. Designed with a vision of manned drone racing in the future, the “Big Drone” is absolutely unique and comes with a full package of expert tutoring and more. Total cost: a cool €1,000,000. So, yeah, it's one of those funny ultra collector's editions that don't really exist, isn't it? Nope! The Drone is quite real and you CAN buy it. Want to see it in action? Check out this video:
Weighing in at just 98kg unloaded and with a take-off weight of 180kg, the multi-rotor Big Drone has 12 motors that generate 22 PS/HP and 300kg of static thrust for a top speed of 140 km/h. Because flying the one-of-a-kind craft is not for the uninitiated, the Big Drone package includes:
- DCL’s “Big Drone” manned drone
- One week of introduction from World Champion pilot Mirko Cesena
- DCL – The Game in the platform of the purchaser’s choice
- Free shipping
The visionary concept of Drone Champions CEO Herbert Weirather, the Big Drone is the first – and so far, only – manned drone that can execute aerobatics like loops and rolls. Weirather is also the co-founder of the Drone Champions League series, which is the recognized World Championship of professional drone racing teams, and he foresees a future where manned drone racing will be a spectator sport as well.
“During our testing phase, I experienced what it’s like to fly in the Big Drone with Mirko on the controls, and there’s nothing like it. This is a lifetime opportunity for collectors with foresight and a sense of adventure,” said Weirather from the Drone Champions headquarters in Vaduz, Liechtenstein. “At DCL, we aim to bring flying to as many people around the world as possible. And while to date there are only 3 of our Big Drones in the world , everyone can feel what it’s like to fly it inside DCL - The Game.”
Released worldwide in February 2020, DCL – The Game is a drone racing simulation which enables players to control authentic drones that maneuver at high speed through a wide variety of tracks. With DCL – The Game, users can learn to fly, build their skills in head-to-head online battles, even qualify for real-life drone racing events like the Drone Champions League... and get a head start on preparing for the manned drone racing Weirather sees on the horizon.
To purchase the Big Drone purchase package visit: https://shop.dcl.aero/
For more on DCL – The Game, available in retail and on PlayStation4, XBoxOne and Steam: www.dcl.aero/download
For all the latest on the Drone Champions League season 2020 and how to watch in person or live on TV or online: www.dcl.aero
About DCL - The Game
- Authenticity: DCL-The Game is modelled closely on real-life drone flight behaviour - so close that our team pilots use it for event qualification and the top performing pilots in the game can compete in the DCL Draft Selection; once a year pilots can be drafted to real-life racing teams competing in the Drone Champions League
- Four distinct flight modes: select from four different models: ARCADE MODE is perfect for beginners, thanks to the automated altitude control and simplified controls. GPS MODE flies like your standard camera drone, with stabilization and altitude control. ANGLE MODE, also known as stabilized mode, simulates most amateur racing drones. ACRO MODE gives the pilot complete control, this is how real drone racing and freestyle pilots fly their drones
- Drone controller support: fly the game with the actual drone transmitters (PC and Mac only)
- Game modes: Free Flight, Time Attack and RaceFlow (online multiplayer up to 30 players)
- Fly through over 24 spectacular tracks and compete online against other pilots from all over the world! Additional tracks will be released every week and available through online events.
- Discover real drone racing tracks like the snow halfpipes of LAAX and the castle ruins of Reutte. Each location will present a new and unique challenge and will demand all your piloting skills!
- Physical presets: choose from three unique physical presets for your drone: lightweight, DCL-19 (default), and heavyweight for a very different flight behaviour. Highly realistic flight physics in these three setups keeps competition balanced.
- Leaderboards: Global, Regional and National leaderboards for each platform